K-Tron Process Group has expanded its pharmaceutical feeder line to include the K-PH-ML-D5-KV2, a vibratory loss-in-weight feeder designed for the low rate addition of difficult flowing active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs). Typical applications include vibratory feeding of cohesive API’s that normally would build up when fed via standard twin screw configurations. The feeder features:
- An easy-to-clean design.
- Removable tray and end covers, which allow accessibility and ease in cleaning.
- A three-liter inlet funnel transition hopper, placed at a 65 degree slope for optimal flowability into the vibratory tray.
- A 20 liter extension hopper with optional lid.
- Inlet tri-clamp and sanitary flexible bellows for complete isolation of the feeder.
- A lid option, which is affixed by a tri-clamp — all tri-clamps use FDA plastic bio-clamp construction.