RheoSense Inc. recently released the µVISC (micro VISC), capable of completing measurements in three steps: load the sample into a disposable pipette, mount the pipette and run the test. Measurement results, including data necessary for advanced analysis, are displayed in less than a minute for most samples. Features include:
- Viscosity (in mPa-s or cP), shear rate, and sample temperature measurement.
- Only 100 µL needed per measurement.
- No evaporation.
- Accuracy exceeding one percent of full scale or two percent of reading.
- Repeatability within one percent.
- 1.5 lbs. and portable (powered by a rechargeable Li-ion battery).
- Up to 20 tests logged, each with a user-definable sample ID.