B&R Industrial Automation has designed the Panel PC 725, a robust and well-protected HMI solution for use directly on the machine. The Panel PC 725 further provides:
- An integrated 15-inch touch-screen display that acts as an intuitive human machine interface.
- An Intel Atom N270 processor that can handle all standard PC applications, such as SCADA.
- Low power loss so the PC housing can be smooth—without heat sink fins—which makes it easy to clean.
- 2 Ethernet interfaces, 2 USB 2.0 interfaces and one serial interface.
- Installation on a support arm system for a flexible mounting position and ergonomic operation, even in tight spaces.
- A fan-free system due to the combination of higher processing power and lower consumption—all components that require special cooling, such as the processor and chipset, are positioned so that the heat is distributed directly over the housing.
- IP65 protection from all sides, including a housing that holds up well in harsh environmental conditions, for example with dust and sprayed water.