According to Kollmorgen, its AKM™ 8 servomotors deliver higher torque density to cover the broadest torque/speed range in a housing that is 30 percent shorter than any standard motor in its class available today. As a result, machine builders can reduce the size of their machines without sacrificing performance, or they can select a longer stack length to achieve higher performance without having to specify a larger, more expensive motor that would typically require mechanical changes to the machine. These servomotors also provide:
- Stall torque from 75 to 180 Nm, operating speeds up to 2,500 RPM and power up to 19.8 KW.
- A low-cog design for smooth performance to maximize power efficiency and improve the quality of final product.
- 2 standard flange/shaft combinations designed to seamlessly integrate with 80 to 90 percent of machine builder needs, without modifications to the customer flange.
- Operation at 230, 400 or 480 VAC, eliminating the need for voltage transformation for machines that will be deployed in various geographic regions.
- Class F insulation for a temperature rating of 155°C.
- A 1-piece housing with potted windings for maximum wire isolation and heat dissipation. Availability for low- or high-speed (to 8,000 RPM) applications, with windings that can be applied to all standard global voltages including 75 VDC and 120, 240, 400 and 480 VAC.
- A wide range of mounting, connectivity, feedback and other options.
- RoHS and REACH compliance, a UL listing and the CE mark.