Sensorex recently launched its versatile FCL Series free chlorine sensor that uses amperometric technology for real-time free chlorine measurement. After hypochlorous acid diffuses through the FCL sensor’s membrane, it is electrochemically reduced, releasing electrons and creating a current flow proportional to the free chlorine concentration in the medium outside the sensor. The low current output is then conditioned to a 4- to 20-mA direct output. The FCL additionally offers:
- Availability in 3 different measurement ranges — 0 to 2, 0 to 5 and 0 to 10 PPM.
- Operation in a range from 4 to 11 pH, a temperature range of 0° to 45°C (32° to 113°F) and at a maximum pressure of 14.7 PSIG (1 BAR).
- An output signal that works with both programmable logic controllers and distributed control systems.
- Low maintenance and long life to deliver a low cost of ownership.
- Compatibility with new and existing Sensorex FC72 flow cell installations, as well as other brands of free chlorine 4- to 20-mA output free chlorine sensors in flow cells from other manufacturers.
- Suitability for water applications in municipal potable water treatment, municipal wastewater, industrial plants and commercial facilities.