Vortex Valves recently released the Quantum Series orifice gate, a valve designed to handle dry bulk solids in gravity-flow, dilute-phase or vacuum-conveying applications up to 15 PSIG (1 BAR), depending on size and modifications. The company says the Quantum Series is also highlighted by:
- A full-flange, weather-resistant design with improved sealing performance, higher durability, easier maintenance and fewer replacement parts.
- Sizes from 2 to 14 inches (350 mm).
- The elimination of erosion or tearing away during use, preventing leakage of air and material through the valve and into the atmosphere.
- Self-cleaning of the blade and seal design on the opening stroke to prevents material from packing on the valve’s internal seals.
- Accommodations for control, shutoff, or meter material flow of non-abrasive to moderately abrasive powders, granulars or pellets.
- Hard-polymer seals that compensate for wear over time and protect from blast abrasion.
- A variety of modifications for a range of temperatures, plus corrosive, humid and hazardous environments.