Covidien’s Mallinckrodt Baker specialty chemicals business is launching a powerful new solution to improve post-ash residue removal processes for semiconductor manufacturing. The BAKER CLk™-168 post-ash cleaner is the latest in the Company’s complete line of semiconductor chemicals designed for today’s difficult process integration challenges. The post-ash residue remover is specifically formulated to provide maximum compatibility with low-k dielectrics, copper, advanced barrier layers and etch-stop materials. The aqueous-based cleaner:
- Effectively removes etch / ash residues and sidewall polymers.
- Offers short operating times of 15 to 90 seconds for a single wafer process.
- Has low operating temperatures starting at 25 ºC.
- Is designed for use in bath, batch spray and single wafer tools.
- Provides long bath life — typically greater than 48 hours.