The SFT Phase Monitor II from Supercritical Fluid Technologies is an analytical tool for determining the solubility of various compounds and compound mixtures in subcritical and supercritical fluids. It provides:
- Direct visual observation of materials under conditions that may be controlled by the researcher.
- The flexibility to perform experiments in liquid, supercritical carbon dioxide or other compressed gases.
- The capability to investigate the effect of co-solvents on the solubility of compounds of interest in supercritical carbon dioxide.
- The ability to view the dissolution, precipitation and crystallization of compounds over a range of pressures and temperatures.
- Accommodations for a few hundred to 10,000 PSI and from ambient temperature to 150º centigrade.
- Suitability for binary, tertiary and complex mixtures; multiple compounds; selective compound extraction; compound fractionation; anti-solvents; crystallization and reactions; and polymer cloudpoint applications.