Infrared Industries recently announced that automatic calibration is now available for the IR8400D CEMS gas analyzer. According to the company, the IR8400D has not only been the analyzer of choice for vapor recovery system and transfer station analysis in the oil and gas industry, as well as other demanding and hostile environmental monitoring applications, but also provides:
- Elimination of manual service for scheduled calibration and accuracy checks (often required by federal and state municipalities) with the new AutoCal functionality, which is easy to implement and only takes less than 8 minutes.
- Periodic intiation of AutoCal — with a period equal from 1 to 30 days — which begins on a specific time/date.
- The capability to hold the most recent sample gas value at the output during AutoCal, so that no alarm or monitoring systems record the transient readings during calibration.
- Temperature and pressure compensation.
- An explosion-proof NEMA7 enclosure.
- Isolated 4-20 mA outputs.
- Suitability for long-term unattended monitoring and harsh environmental conditions.