Belden’s new 2000 Volt variable frequency drive (VFD) cable designs include an updated classic model and a symmetrical model. The classic design VFD Cable, 14 to 2 AWG, with Beldfoil® plus TC Braid Shield, features:
- Oversized XLPE insulation to provide the lowest capacitance available in a VFD cable.
- Dual shielding for the lowest resistance to ground path.
- 85 percent braid coverage for EMI low frequency noise protection.
- 100 percent aluminum/Mylar tape shield for RFI high frequency noise protection.
The symmetrical design, large AWG (1 to 4/0) with spiral copper tape shield, additionally features:
- Improved common mode current containment.
- Spirally applied dual copper tape shields for 100 percent coverage.
- Three symmetrical bare ground wires for a balanced ground system that reduces the likelihood of premature motor bearing or motor insulation failure.