Racine Vortex’s new RNS Series (Insertion) and RWS Series (Wafer) Vortex Steam Flow Meters are designed to measure non-condensing steam and saturated process steam at pressures up to 150 psi. The RNS Series insertion flow meter is available for pipe sizes from 6 to 72 inches (152 to 1829 mm), has a 35:1 turndown ratio, and can be configured for mass flow measurements. The RWS Wafer meter has 316SS wetted parts, an extremely small bluff bar for little or no pressure drop, and NIST-traceable calibration. It is available in five sizes for flange mounting in pipes from 1/2 to 4 inches. Both the RNS and RWS series meters:
- Have no moving parts.
- Are loop-powered devices with standard HART communication for ease of field programming and system integration.
- Work in operating temperatures of –20 to 366 °F.
- Have an internal RTD and an optional external pressure sensor that provide data to the internal flow meter software in order to compensates for changes in temperature and pressure required for accurate flow measurement.
- Have an accuracy of ±1 percent of reading, with repeatability of 0.5 percent.
- Are pre-calibrated and can be rescaled in the field with the use of the provided PC-based software program.
- Have optional ATEX certification, a two-line eight-digit rate/totalizer display and remote electronics.