COMSOL has released the beta edition of its Multiphysics 4.0 modeling and simulation environment. Version 4.0 includes the COMSOL Desktop™, a new user interface that makes it easy for users to build and run simulations. Other features of the latest version include:
- Expanded Model Builder functionality with a quick model set-up and the ability to save an entire suite of models and results in the same file.
- LiveLink for PTC Pro/ENGINEER®, which connects the geometric CAD and COMSOL representations, meaning that a change in the CAD model automatically updates the COMSOL geometry.
- Expanded CAD interoperability with LiveLink™ for SolidWorks® And LiveLink™ for Autodesk® Inventor®.
- Expanded Parasolid® support in the CAD Import Module to enable 3D geometry operations to be performed in combination with imported geometries.
- Geometry parameter sweeps with full associativity.
- Fully automated simulation configuration of solver settings, solver sequences, mesh settings, and result visualization.
- Expanded platform support for clusters on Windows Compute Cluster Server 2003, Windows HPC Server 2008 and Linux.