Wilcoxon Research recently released 6 Class I, Div. 2 (Zone 2) accelerometers, as well as 3 compatible cable-connector assemblies suitable for installation in a Class I, Div. 2 environment. The 6 vibration sensors incorporate sensitivities of 100 mV/g and sensitivity tolerances of 5 percent. Not only are they CSA certified to be rated for use in Class I, Div. 2, Groups A, B, C, D, E, F and G environments, but they are also ATEX certified for operation in Class I, Zone 2 AEx na IIC T4. Models include:
- The 786A-D2 standard top-exit model.
- The 787A-D2 standard side-exit model.
- The 787A-M8-D2 side-exit model with a metric M8 mounting stud.
- The compact 780A-D2 model, which is ideal for portable data collection.
- The786F-D2 integral cable model.
- The 786T-D2 dual-output model that senses both vibration and temperature.
Each cable connector can be lock wired to prevent it from inadvertently backing off the sensor. The series consists of:
- The R6D2-J9T2A to mate with a MILC-C-5015 2-pin connector with a twisted Teflon®-jacketed cable for 200°C industrial environments.
- The R6D2-J10 to mate with a MIL-C-5015 2-pin connector with a twisted Enviroprene-jacketed cable for 125°C industrial environments.
- The R6D2-J9T2A and R6D2-J10, which are compatible with all of the Class I, Div. 2 sensors except the 786T-D2.