According to HMS Industrial Networks, its Anybus RemoteCom remote automation management and control device integrates:
- A secure central internal Web server to collect and store logged data, including trend graphs, in 1 location.
- An alarm and status handler that automatically notifies remote supervisors via SMS or e-mail, or even SNMP, if predefined events are triggered.
- RS232 and RS485 serial ports.
- The ability to connect to an external GPS receiver for geo-tracking of mobile equipment.
- A 9- to 28-VDC power input range.
- Connection to any automation device with a serial Modbus-RTU or Ethernet Modbus-TCP interface.
- Easy access to the device from any standard Web browser—without additional software licenses.
- Remote connections through the Internet/Intranet via an integrated Ethernet interface or an optional GSM/GPRS network interface.
- The power to minimize downtime, predict maintenance, monitor system performance, and reduce service personnel and travel costs.
- Suitability for the remote management and supervision of factory and process automation devices, power generation equipment, as well as heating and ventilation systems in building automation.
- Availability in a DIN-rail mountable, IP20-rated plastic housing or in a rugged metal housing.