Wireless Sensor System
NEWPORT Electronics, Inc.'s zSeries wireless sensor system provides Web-based monitoring of temperature, humidity and barometric pressure in critical applications.
- Compact wireless "End Devices" mount discretely on the wall in clean rooms, laboratories and any remote facility
- Units transmit up to 300 feet (without obstructions) to a "Coordinator" connected directly to an Ethernet network and the Internet
- System complies with IEEE 802.15.4 operating at 2.4GHz
- Device can trigger an alarm if variables go above or below a set point determined by the user
- Alarms can be sent by email to a single user or to a group distribution list, including text messages to Internet-enabled cell phones and PDAs