Sifting in Tight Spots
Kason introduces an ultra-low-profile 40-inch (1016-mm) diameter Flo-Thru Vibroscreen® sifter with a flat dust cover that fits tight spots between storage and process equipment. According to the company:
- The sifter employs two imbalanced-weight gyratory motors mounted on opposing exterior sidewalls of the unit, instead of one motor positioned beneath the screening chamber, reducing overall height significantly.
- The design also allows vertical alignment of the top inlet and bottom outlet, causing on-size material to descend through the screen in a straight-through path at high rates.
- Oversize material is ejected through a spout at the periphery of the screen.
- The unit is intended for installation above or below storage vessels, bulk bag and drum unloaders, bag dump stations, blenders/mixers and other process equipment, and can be installed with minimum alteration to existing layouts.
- All material contact surfaces are of stainless steel with continuous welds polished to cGMP, 3-A, USDA and FDA standards.