Scratch Resistance for Demanding Coatings Applications
Global specialty chemicals manufacturer Sartomer USA, LLC offers CN9062, a liquid high-functionality oligomer that brings significant scratch resistance to demanding coatings applications. According to the company:
- This oligomer imparts excellent hardness to protective coatings for automotive surfaces, plastic substrates and scratch-sensitive electronic devices.
- CN9062 combines acrylate and hydroxyl functionalities for dual-cure capability.
- Ivtis UV/EB curable and is reactive with NCO based on its hydroxyl functionality. It is also a pentaerythritol tetraacrylate (PETA)-free oligomer, which reduces irritation potential.
- The unique composition of CN9062 provides formulators with multiple benefits and application flexibility.
- It imparts durability to coatings for wood, metal, plastics and glass, as well as a variety of inks ranging from flexo to inkjet.