Advanced Polymer Analysis Technology
Waters Corp. announces a system that defines a new category of chromatographic polymer analysis, yielding improved molecular weight information about polymeric species, faster than ever before. According to the company:
- The ACQUITY® Advanced Polymer Chromatography™ (APC™) system was developed in collaboration with The Dow Chemical Company.
- The system delivers dramatically improved polymer peak resolution, particularly for low molecular weight polymers and oligomers, up to 20 times faster than traditional gel permeation chromatography (GPC).
- APC is comprised of an innovative, refractive index detector that has been optimized for low dispersion but with the low noise and drift performance required for accurate integration, even at low polymer concentrations.
- The precise flow delivery of the isocratic solvent manager ensures that the calibrated system delivers accurate molecular weight data, day after day.
- The system features new column technology based on rigid, sub 3 µm, high pore volume bridged-ethyl hybrid particles that provide significant gains in stability and faster separations.