Macro Sensors now offers its HLR 750 Series UL/ULC-listed and ATEX-approved LVDT linear positions sensors for use in the high-temperature and high-vibration environments of offshore drilling platforms. The company says that these sensors additionally deliver:
- Full-scale measurement ranges from ±1 to ±10 inches.
- A high resolution, an optimal repeatability of typically better than 0.01 percent of full scale and a non-linearity of less than 0.25 percent of full range output.
- A through-bore design, along with lead wires that exit through a radially mounted 1/2- to 14-NPT male threaded conduit for east attachment to an explosion-proof junction box, as well as conduit.
- Stainless steel construction and hermetic sealing for resistance against hostile environmental conditions.
- The ability to separate LVDT electronics from LVDT coils.
- The capacity to withstand high temperatures and vibrations, making them ideal for monitoring offshore drill clutch actuator positioning and plunger lift controls.
- The flexibility to install the electronics in explosion-proof enclosures for added protection against environmental elements.
- A UL/ULC rating for Class I, Div. 2, Groups A, B, C and D T3C Class I, Zone 2, AEx nC IIC T3Ex nC IIC T3, plus ATEX approval in Zone 1 and 2 classifications, making them appropriate for use in potentially explosive environments.