Motors that Are Geared Toward Efficiency
Siemens introduces Simogear, its new geared motor series that features helical, parallel shaft and helical bevel gear unit types with integral high-efficient and NEMA Premium® efficient motors. According to the company:
- The new series is especially well-equipped to meet the requirements of modern conveyor systems.
- The two-stage helical bevel unit, with a mechanical efficiency of up to 96 percent, averages 2 percent higher efficiency than competitive three-stage units.
- The series is available in a wide range of ratios, so it is ideal for replacing inefficient worm and spiroid units commonly found in conveying applications.
- High-efficiency or NEMA Premium efficiency motors are offered (stepping up from high efficiency to NEMA Premium efficiency does not involve an increase in motor frame size or diameter).
- The series is designed for automation engineering and it integrates smoothly with Siemens drives and automation products, resulting in simpler commissioning and faster start-ups.
- Options such as encoders and brakes give users the tools to meet the exacting demands of a wide breadth of applications.
- The patented Modulog mounting system allows users to add these motor options even after installation.
- RFID name plates, readable from several feet away, contain pertinent identification and service data.