Watts has announces two new lead-free backflow prevention products: the LF919 reduced pressure zone assembly and the LF719 double check valve assembly. The company says that these new solutions are characterized by:
- Both assemblies are designed to protect potable water supplies by preventing the reverse flow of contaminated water.
- Lead-free bronze body construction ensures compliance with the new national Lead Free law, which takes effect January 4, 2014.
- The LF719 and LF919 feature two poppet-style check valves, replaceable check seats and separate access covers for each check for quick servicing.
- No special maintenance tools are required for maintenance.
- The LF719 is designed for use on cross-connections in non-health hazard applications.
- The LF919 is designed for use on cross-connections in health hazard applications and features an intermediate relief valve.
- Both models are available in sizes ¾ to 1 inch with a maximum working pressure of 175 psi.