Intrinsically Safe Performance in Hazardous Areas
PT-400 heavy-duty pressure transducers from Automation Products Group have received ATEX and IECEx certification, rated EX II 1G Ex ia IIB T4 Ga, for use in hazardous locations throughout the world. According to the company, other features include:
- Reliable high-pressure sensing in harsh environments that are prone to high pressure spikes.
- A pressure range from 0 to 20,000 PSI, along with a high burst pressure up to 3 times full scale (limited by the process connection) and overpressure to 2 times full scale for in-process reliability.
- A minimum of 10 million operating cycles with an accuracy up to ±0.1 percent full scale in operating temperatures from -40° to 180°F.
- Potting on the inside of each unit to cushion the electronics from intense shock and vibration, while adding another layer of protection against dust and moisture.
- Access to zero and span adjustments for calibration to specific application requirements.
- 4- to 20-mA, 0- to 5-VDC and 0- to 10-VDC outputs with a 1/4-18 NPTM process connection.
- All stainless steel laser-welded construction, in addition to a rugged stainless steel housing.
- Dimensions of 5.3 (H) by 1.5 inches (W).
- cCSAus certification for use in hazardous locations.
- Suitability for oil and gas applications, water and wastewater industries, as well as for general use in other industries.