Doing Tons of Lifting Offshore?
Four J D Neuhaus type EH50 air operated monorail hoists have been supplied and mounted by Westcon Løfteteknikk AS of Bergen to the Maersk offshore rig Guardian. According to the company, these hoists offer:
- They have been specified for the synchronized lifting and handling of an 18.3/4-inch 15,000 PSI BOP unit before and after drilling operations.
- Two hoists are each mounted on twin parallel overhead rails, with each hoist providing 50-ton load and 20-meter lift capacities for between deck operations.
- Removable connector bars have also been supplied for fitting between paired hoists on the individual rails to maintain a fixed working distance of 4,060 millimeters between the load hook centers.
- With the two sets of hoists operating together, a combined lift capacity of 200 tons is made available.
- Synchronized operation of all linear movement and lifting operations of individual, paired or all the four hoists when used in conjunction, is provided with the F type multi-function pendant controllers.
- A complete offshore documentation package is offered.