According to Moyno®, its 2000 HS system can not only pump filter cake further distances with higher volumetric efficiencies than any other progressing cavity pump, but it also boasts:
- A twin-screw feeder that supplies a constant, pressurized feed rate to the pump, resulting in a 100 percent pump cavity fill rate.
- An integral hopper with a twin-screw auger feeder and specially designed progressing cavity pump that efficiently handles dewatered municipal sludge to over 50 percent solids.
- An Ultra-Feed™ pump rotor to optimize volumetric efficiency.
- The generation of positive stuffing pressure to the pump inlet due to the concentric rotation of the augers in a close-tolerance pressure tube.
- Counter-rotation of the dual augers to create a pull-down effect with the product.
- Intermeshing augers that provide self-cleaning action, so filter cake does not stick to the augers and fill in the flights.
- Completely vertical hopper sidewalls leading into the augers, which does not allow the filter cake to bridge.
- Elimination of any product ledge where filter cake bridging can gain a foothold.
- The flexibility of the twin-screw feeder to be run at a separate speed from the pump rotation, thereby permitting control over the amount of stuffing pressure.
- Unobstructed flow to the pump cavity inlet because the pump’s universal joint is out of the flow path.
- A wide sweep pump inlet to lower friction loss.
- The capacity of the patented auger feed on the rotor head to stuff product directly into the cavity without obstruction.
- Varying twin-screw feeder and hopper lengths to match wide feed areas from centrifuges and 1- to 3-meter (L) belt filter presses.