The International Carbon Action Partnership (ICAP) and Ecofys have launched an interactive map compiling up-to-date information on the status and design of Emissions Trading Schemes (ETSs) around the world. The project:
- Was made possible by the Dutch Ministry of Infrastructure and the Environment.
- Follows the pace of ETS developments around the world and will be updated on a continuous basis as new information becomes available.
- Currently covers 29 jurisdictions, including 8 with an ETS in force, 9 where implementation of an ETS is scheduled and 12 where an ETS is under consideration.
- Conveys succinct information on key ETS design elements, including emissions caps and industry sectors covered as well as the number of entities participating in each scheme, the various phases and their allocation modalities.
- Allows users to examine and compare the use of offsets and the measuring, reporting and verification (MRV) systems.