Self-Powered Actuation for Remote Locations
Asahi/America Inc. introduces the Quarter Master (QM) Remote Cycle™, a unit that consists of a Series 94 electric actuator with self-powered battery and open/close timer mounted to a ball or butterfly valve. According to the company, the unit is:
- Suitable for use in remote areas where power sources are limited or unavailable.
- Offered with a NEMA 4X engineered resin enclosure with stainless steel trim, on/off switch, adjustable open and interval times via dip switches and manual override.
- Able to be mounted to the company’s Type-57 butterfly valves (sizes 1 ½ to 4 inches), and Type-21 ball valves (sizes ½ to 2 inches).
- Offered with a 12vdc rechargeable battery that can cycle 1,100 times, once fully charged.
- Able to provide continuous and reliable cycling in remote mining, chemical, water and wastewater applications.