QuickPick Technology Boosts Accuracy
Kardex Remstar recently unveiled its QuickPick® light pointer technology, which consists of an LED or laser light mounted to a slider that moves horizontally on a guiding system. Located above the access opening in a Shuttle VLM, it navigates the operator to the exact part to be picked, increasing pick accuracy. Other features of the system, according to the company, include:
- Increased worker efficiency and picking productivity by eliminating the wasted walk and search time commonly associated with standard picking and distribution applications.
- The ability to boost productivity up to 2/3.
- Vertical storage space from floor to truss to reduce floor space requirements by up to 85 percent.
- More storage density to store extra product while using less floor space.
- Optional integration with FastPic inventory management software to increase efficiencies and provide greater inventory control.