Energy Savings at Your Fingertips
Milliken & Company puts the energy saving potential of its Millad® NX™ 8000 clarifying agent for polypropylene (PP) at your fingertips with the launch of the Millad NX 8000 Savings Calculator App. According to the company:
- The free App is the first of its kind to allow the industry to calculate potential energy savings, and estimate cycle time and CO2 reductions by using Millad NX 8000 clarified polypropylene versus traditional clarified PP to produce clear PP parts.
- Numerous trials carried out by Milliken have proven that Millad NX 8000 can regularly yield cycle time reductions of as much as 15 percent, while the ability to process it at lower temperatures than other clarifying agents can often cut energy consumption by 15-20 percent — and in some cases by over 30 percent.
- The Savings Calculator is now available in iTunes® for the Apple iPad® and (by end of June) iPhone® and can also be accessed on PCs and tablets.
- It is suitable for use anywhere in the world, giving users access to quantitative data on achievable savings specific to their product and processing equipment.
- Material and process parameters can be compared, in graphic and numeric form, between default and optimized results.
- Settings on the Savings Calculator can be adjusted to local currencies and energy prices to indicate local user savings.