Master Bond LED401 is an adhesive, sealant, coating and encapsulant that cures tack-free upon exposure to a 405-nm wavelength light source, without any oxygen inhibition. According to the company, the system is further characterized by:
- Optically clear, it is safer and easier to handle than similar UV systems as LED lights emit substantially less heat than UV lamps.
- It is a suitable choice for applications involving heat-sensitive substrates.
- As a one-part system, open time is indefinite.
- It is a higher viscosity system at 100,000 to 150,000 cps, but maintains its flowability and convenient handling.
- With cure times of 15 to 30 seconds or less in thinner sections, depending upon the distance of the light source from the material being cured, it can also be readily cured in sections up to 1/8 inch thick.
- It has superior electrical insulation properties with a volume resistivity exceeding 1014 ohm-cm.
- Serviceable over the wide temperature range of -60 to +250°F, it features very good dimensional stability.
- It has shelf life of six months at room temperature without exposure to light, in its original containers.