Asahi/America introduces its 57LIS butterfly valve to easily and directly replace metallic valves, while conforming to ISO-5752 short face-to-face dimensions. According to the company, this industrial thermoplastic valve additionally delivers:
- A spherical disc to improve flow characteristics and increase CV values, while extending the cycle life of the valve.
- Molded body stops on the valve body, making it impossible to over-tighten the mating flanges upon installation.
- A full seat design liner that meets Class 6 bubble-tight shut-off requirements by completely encapsulating and isolating the valve body and 316 stainless steel stem from the process media.
- Easy electrical or pneumatic actuation using the company’s actuators.
- No need to modify existing piping systems when replacing valves in applications where metal valves constantly corrode.
- Availability in 3 to 8 inches as a lever-style valve or with the company’s Plasgear™ gear-operator — the industry’s first all-plastic housing design.
- Wafer-style standard models for installation between 2 flanges, whereas other models are factory equipped with 316 stainless steel lugs for end-of-line applications.
- An ISO 5211 top flange mounting pattern and molded padlock provision for lever handle models.
- A molded flow-direction arrow on the valve body to indicate fluid flow through the valve on lug-style 57LIS valves.