Keeping Flammability Closeted
New Pig has developed PIG® flammable safety cabinets with fully MIG-welded 14- and 18- gauge steel construction and door faces designed to survive decades of industrial use. According to the company, these cabinets are also characterized by:
- True double-wall construction with 1.5 inches of insulating air space for fire protection.
- Full-width, welded shelf hangers that offer maximum support and increase sidewall thickness.
- A variety of sizes and sump capacities.
- Impact resistance as a result of 14-gauge steel door faces that are 56 percent thicker than other cabinets.
- A 2-inch leak-proof sump within the cabinet to contain leaks, drips and spills.
- Flame arrestor vents to help prevent flashback ignition.
- A grounding connection to inhibit static buildup.
- 4-inch bullet hinges with self-lubricating, fully enclosed brass pins to prevent premature hinge failure.
- A 3-point zinc latch to ensure fail-safe, non-sparking door closure.
- A recessed handle that doesn’t catch on passing traffic.
- A hybrid powder-coat finish to resist chemicals and corrosion.
- Compliance with NFPA and OSHA specifications, whereas most are FM-approved for the storage of flammables and meet UFC requirements.
- A lifetime warranty.