The CLWT-115 closed-loop wind tunnel from Advanced Thermal Solutions provides an accurate and convenient system for thermally characterizing PCBs, heat sinks and components at controlled temperatures from ambient to 85°C (185°F). According to the company, the wind tunnel additionally delivers:
- The recirculation of internal air, which allows the system heater to quickly warm the air to a specific temperature.
- Air flows up to 5 m/second (1,000 feet/minute).
- A clear Lexan test section for a continuous view of the test specimens, as well as flow visualization studies, for example, using smoke or vapor.
- 6 instrument ports in the side walls of the test section for temperature and velocity sensors, such as thermocouples, Pitot tubes and hotwire anemometers.
- A test section that measures 77.6 by 26 by 11.6 cm (30.5 by 10.2 by 4.55 inches).
- The flexibility to access the chamber from the top or sides for mounting and repositioning boards, components and sensors.
- Internal rail guides to facilitate the installation of test specimens of different sizes.
- The ability to fit on most lab benches and be powered from standard AC outlets.
- Suitability for testing heat sink performance, and calibrating air and temperature sensors.
- Optional orifice plates that can generate flows up to 50 m/second (10,000 feet/minute).