Purging Compound for Copolymer Polypropylene
Neutrex Inc.’s Purgex 741, used to purge copolymer polypropylene (PP), is part of a new line of purging compounds engineered to use approximately 50 percent less purging material than other purging compounds or purging methods, thus lowering the effective cost to purge. The company says that Purgex 741 is:
- A high-yield purging compound that reduces scrap rates and decreases on-stream time during color changes when molding PP, resulting in an increase of purging efficiency by 75 percent.
- Effective when changing from light to dark colors.
- Able to purge at temperatures ranging from 375 to 475°F (191 to 246°C) while removing any residual contamination in injection molding machines and providing efficient cleaning of hot runner systems.
- Ideal for interior trim applications in the automotive industry as well as products molded in several other industries such as food and pharmaceutical packaging, heavy-duty storage containers, and various consumer and industrial products.
- A ready-to-use blend consisting of a polyolefin resin carrier and active ingredients.
- Able to provide a dual mechanical and chemical activity for efficient and safe cleaning of plastics processing machinery.
- Characterized by ingredients that are Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS) by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- Able to process safely through hot runner gates and is easy to remove from the machine.