Epson America has designed its ColorWorks™ C831 wide-label printer to ensure consistent labeling of chemical products globally and aid in complying with Globally Harmonized System (GHS) labeling standards. According to the company, this printer further provides:
- Printing in vibrant colors to focus attention on potential hazards because GHS focuses on conveying hazard information using universally understood symbols or pictograms, specific signal words and hazard statements, plus companies can no longer pre-print labels with a variety of pictograms and then cross out symbols that do not apply to the chemical being shipped.
- DURABrite® Ultra pigment inks that firmly bind to media fibers for resistance to chemicals, water, fading and smudges.
- Just in Time Color™ labeling to eliminate the need for color pre-prints.
- The ability to produce GHS-compliant labels at a fraction of the cost of 4-color thermal transfer or color laser labels.
- Industrial labels up to 8.5 inches (W) at speeds up to 16.5 pages per minute.
- Suitability for the high-volume printing of large-format drum and chemical labels.
- Reduced inventory management costs, errors and waste, and increased productivity by moving the labeling process closer to manufacturing and shipping.
- A certification to generate labels meeting the stringent BS 5609 standards for durability.
PACK EXPO Booth #N3957