Taking the Taskmaster® to Task
Franklin Miller has outfitted its TM8516i shredder with low-speed, high-torque counter-rotating cutters that intensively shear and shred wood, documents, product rejects, screenings, sludge, fish waste, plastics, fabrics, waste material and more. According to the company, this compact shredder also delivers:
- The flexibility to be used to reprocess scrap product, reduce waste and pre-condition materials for further processing.
- Suitability for either wet or dry, gravity or pressurized environments.
- The ability to be easily configured for pipe systems where they protect pumps and process equipment.
- A variety of cutter configurations for fine or coarse output.
- The S260 automatic control system to sense jam conditions and automatically cycle the unit rotation to clear the blockage.
- Stainless steel construction.
- A 3- to 5-HP (2.2- to 4.0-kw) motor with a heavy-duty gear drive.
- An effective mechanical seal system.
- A direct cycloidal gear drive.
- The inclusion of a stand and hopper.
- Availability as a stand-alone unit, in dual-stage designs or as part of a complete custom-engineered size-reduction system.