Simplifying Level Control
ExperTune software now includes non-steady-state (NSS) modeling features for integrating control loops, which provide fast, simple modeling and tuning of level controls. According to the company:
- The new tools work with all other integrating processes, such as gas tank pressure controls.
- Users can develop level control models and tuning, even when the process has not achieved steady-state.
- NSS tuning integrates seamlessly with ExperTune’s PlantTriage and PID Loop Optimizer software.
- The tools provide unique capabilities to tune for both tight control and surge-tank scenarios.
- An integrated wizard, based on the level-tuning techniques of F. Greg Shinskey, is also included.
- Non-Steady-State modeling is included with PlantTriage version 11 and higher, and with PID Loop Optimizer version 21 and higher.