Frommelt Products Corp., a division of Rite-Hite Corp., has introduced the Insulator Dock Seal with Light-blocking Header, a durable dock seal with a header that effectively seals small light gaps caused by trailer protrusions. According to the company, the seal offers:
- It blocks small gaps of daylight which indicate openings for the entry of dust, bugs and other contaminants into a facility.
- The seal at the top of a trailer provided by a dock seal header can be broken by door latches and other protrusions at the top rear of the trailer, resulting in air gaps.
- A proprietary light-blocking header design features rows of layered, horizontal pleats that conform around protrusions as the trailer backs in, improving the sealing efficiency and minimizing daylight.
- All trailer and forklift contact surfaces are reinforced with high-strength Durathon™ fabric over a flexible vinyl base fabric for extreme wear resistance.
- The Insulator’s corners are heavily reinforced with layers of Durathon fabric and flexible high-molecular weight polyethylene (HMWPE) sheeting for resistance to damage.
- The head pad’s unique backerless construction frees it from the wall, allowing it to move with the trailer to reduce friction and wear, and also pivots to prevent yard jockey “pop-off.”