Sartorius Stedim Biotech’s Sartopore® Platinum sterilizing-grade filters offer higher product yields and more efficient manufacturing workflows. The company says that the filters are additionally characterized by:
- The surface of the polyethersulfone filter membrane has been modified using a hydrophilic and highly thermostable polymer, offering excellent wetting properties and minimizing its protein binding.
- Fewer than five liters of water for injection (WFI) are needed to wet a 10-inch cartridge quickly and reliably for subsequent integrity testing that provides dependably accurate results.
- The minimized protein binding considerably increases product yield, thus augmenting the efficiency of manufacturing processes.
- The cartridges can be dry-steam sterilized in the forward or the reverse direction, without altering the properties of their membrane.
- They can be used in the entire pH range from 1 to 14.
- The membrane design, pleated using the proprietary TwinPleat® process, increases the filter area of a 10-inch cartridge by more than 60 percent and ensures that liquids flow through the entire filter area.
- The cartridges are available in a choice of different sizes and constructions ranging from lab to production scale.