NORD has added the helical-bevel gear series to its successful high-performance screw conveyor package. According to the company, these right-angle bevel products allow you to install gear boxes in confined spaces while maintaining the simplicity, reliability and efficiency of the company’s traditional gearmotors and speed reducers. Standard features include:
- More compact design than the existing parallel helical screw conveyor package.
- The right-angle design is compatible with standard CEMA mounting.
- The three-hole tapered CEMA drive shaft offers easy mounting and removal.
- Its adjustable flange allows for multiple bolt patterns.
- It features an optimized sealing system that includes dual Viton® lip seals, grease impregnated packing seal, dual gap seals, material evacuation ports, a shaft material ditch and Quadrilip™ sealing.
- It uses either the direct coupled gearmotor or NEMA C-face input design, making it extremely efficient.
- The simplified design eliminates the need for a separate V belt.
- Helical-bevel screw conveyor drives produce torque levels ranging up to 42480 lb-in and powers up to 30 hp, depending on model.
- Each model operates on a 95 percent efficiency level or greater, maximizing productivity.
- All NORD models include the UNICASE™ design.