Westermo’s DDW-142 is the latest addition to the Wolverine range, which uses SHDSL technology to establish a high-speed connection between Ethernet networks using any existing twisted pair cables. According to the company, the DDW-142 is:
- A fully managed device with Layer 2 switch functionality that enables effective Ethernet networks to be created over distances of up to 15 km.
- Able to provide data rates of up to 30.4 Mbits/s, which makes the device suitable for connecting complex networks that may include a large number of devices requiring high bandwidth.
- Provided with an integral 2-port 100 Mbit switch that allows two Ethernet devices to be attached and a RS-232 port enables legacy devices to be easily incorporated into the IP network.
- Extremely easy to set up, requiring no configuration for simple point-to-point communications.
- Provided with a Web interface for larger networks.
- Supplied with a unique cable distance calculator.
- Designed for use in tough environments and mission critical railway, road or utility applications where device failure could result in significant costs.
- Robust, compact and able to operate in extreme temperatures (-40 to +70°C) where EMC and vibration levels are high.