Dump System Boasts Conveyor, Compactor
The new manual dump system from Flexicon collects dust generated during manual dumping, compacts empty bags and conveys bulk material downstream. According to the company, the dust-free system also integrates:
- A receiving hopper, dust collector, bag compactor and flexible screw conveyor.
- The flexibility to handle a broad variety of materials, including free- and non-free-flowing bulk materials from large pellets to sub-micron powders, including products that pack, cake, seize, smear, fluidize, break apart or separate, with no separation of blended products.
- A bag infeed chute through the sidewall of the hopper hood to pass empty bags directly into the bag compactor, causing dust generated from both dumping and compaction to be drawn onto the system's 2 cartridge filters.
- An automatic reverse-pulse filter cleaning system that releases short blasts of compressed air inside the filters at timed intervals, causing dust buildup on the outer surfaces to fall into the hopper, conserving useable product.
- A large pneumatic air cylinder to compress bags into a removable bin that accommodates 50 to 80 bags.
- Safety interlocks, placed on the main door and a flapper door within the bag infeed chute, to prevent operation of the compactor unless both doors are closed.
- Readily accessible filters by removing the interior baffle, plus quick-disconnect fittings that speeds up filter replacements.
- An enclosed flexible screw conveyor to catch hopper discharge.