Accurately Weighing Product in Transfer
Volkmann Inc. introduces Conweigh as a weighing system to complement its VS and PPC series of vacuum conveyors. According to the company, Conweigh:
- Accurately weighs powders, granules, food particles, pellets, capsules, tablets and other bulk materials being transferred into and out of production processes via Volkmann conveyors.
- Registers weight within +/-1 percent or better, allowing adjustments to be made to avoid weight gains or losses during transfer and improve production outcomes.
- Can work with one, three or four loadcells.
- Is available in two configurations when used for weighing into vacuum receivers: a single loadcell to accompany the VS or PPC200 and 250 Volkmann vacuum conveyor models, or three loadcells for the VS or PPC350 and 450 models; a fourth load cell configuration is available when used in weighing of output from bulk bag unloaders, hoppers and/or bag dump rip and tip stations.
- Helps maintain the accuracy of dosing processes by establishing a controlled material release regimen via the Multijector® Vacuum pump.
- Uses a three-step weighing process to eliminate errors that can occur due to the buildup of material on filters, and other system parts.
- Includes options for recipe management via the pic controller and HMI and is available in 110v or 240v options.