Measure Biogas Flow & Methane Content
Endress+Hauser introduces the Proline Prosonic B 200 ultrasonic flowmeter for measuring the flow rate and methane content of wet biogas, landfill or digester gas, and other types of low pressure, wet or contaminated gas. The company says the Proline Prosonic B 200 additionally provides:
- The power to measure and display direct methane fraction as a function of sound velocity and temperature — without the need for additional measuring instruments.
- Possible outputs that include corrected methane volume flow, energy flow, calorific value, temperature and Wobbe index.
- The capacity to detect changes quickly, allowing corrections to be made faster, thus improving process control and energy balancing.
- Automatic data backup by the HistoROM function, which provides storage for 1,000 measured values, quick restoration of device data in case of failure and easy replacement of meter electronics without recalibration.
- Quick commissioning via a 4-line display and 3 pushbuttons.
- Menu-guided parameter configuration supported by explanatory text in 16 languages
- Operational temperatures from 32º to 176ºF and pressures up to 145 PSI.
- An accuracy of volume flow of 1.5 percent of reading, whereas the accuracy of the optional methane measurement is 2 percent absolute.
- A loop-powered two-wire design with 4- to 20-mA HART communication (a second 4- to 20-mA output is available as well).
- A 316L stainless steel meter body that is suitable for wet, dirty or corrosive gases.
- An aluminium or stainless steel transmitter housing.
- No moving or intrusive parts.
- Intrinsically safe certification for use in Class 1, Div. 1 and other hazardous areas, alongside of compliance with ATEX, IEC and cCSAus, and NEMA 4X, IP66 and IP67 protection.