Integrated Condition Monitoring & Advanced Sealing
ITT Corp. has designed its IC Series ISO process pumps with integrated condition monitoring, and other advanced features designed to lower the total cost of pump ownership and extend pump life. The company believes that the IC Series is further highlighted by:
- A patented i-Alert condition monitor unit to continuously measure vibration and temperature at the thrust bearing.
- Colored LEDs to automatically indicate when levels have been exceeded, alerting operators to make changes to the process or the machine before failure occurs.
- An i-Frame power end that features a 2-piece design, thereby providing a more reliable seal for the frame, better alignment of key components, and reduced maintenance time and effort.
- A patented cyclone seal chamber to optimize the sealing environment in the presence of solids and vapors.
- Inpro VBXX-D hybrid labyrinth seals for the stainless steel rotors to optimize performance in corrosive environments, preventing premature bearing failure caused by lubricant contamination or loss of oil.
- An improved oil sump design — the sump size has increased by 10 to 20 percent for better heat transfer and cooler bearings.
- 34 hydraulic sizes, flows up to 450 m3/hour (1,980 GPM), heads up to 160 m (514 feet), temperatures from -40º to 280ºC (-40º to 530ºF) and pressures up to 25 BAR (360 PSI).
- Suitability for a wide range of processing needs, including ICP models for high-pressure and high-temperature applications, such as petrochemicals and petroleum refining.
- An optional suction inducer to extend the operating range of the pump by improving the inlet flow into the impeller.