Inputs from Up to Eight Analytical Sensors
Endress+Hauser introduces the Liquiline CM44 Series multi-channel transmitter for monitoring and controlling processes in water, wastewater, chemical, power and other industries. According to the company, CM44 transmitters additionally provide:
- The acceptance of inputs from up to 8 Endress+Hauser Memosens digital analytical sensors (lab-calibrated devices that simply plug in via an M12 connector), including nitrate, spectral absorption coefficient, pH, ORP, conductivity, oxygen, turbidity and ion-selective electrode sensors.
- Mathematical functions to calculate a maximum of 6 virtual process values, including pH calculation based on 2 conductivity values, often used in boiler feed water and similar applications; difference between 2 measured values from different sources, such as for membrane monitoring; differential conductivity to monitor the efficiency of ion exchangers; degassed conductivity for process control in power plants; redundancy for monitoring 2 or 3 measuring sensors; and rH calculation based on the measured values of pH and ORP sensors.
- The flexibility to be easily field-upgraded from 2 to 4 or 4 to 8 sensors by plugging in new modules.
- 4- to 20-mA current outputs with HART, Ethernet, Profibus, and Modbus TCP or 485 networks.
- Additional outputs that include up to 4 relay outputs capable of switching 24, 115 or 230 VAC.
- The capability of relay outputs to sound alarms, start or stop cleaning functions, activate a controller, or perform other related functions.
- An integrated web server for remote access via any web browser.
- A back-lit graphic display that not only alerts users to errors, but also displays load curves and outputs from the built-in data logger, while featuring drop-down menus for monitoring values.
- A data logger that can maintain up to 8 separate data logbooks, with 150,000 entries per logbook (which tracks up to 75 calibrations), plus an adjustable scan time of 1 second to 6 hours.
- A rugged plastic IP66/67 housing that is leak-proof and corrosion resistant, making it ideal for use in non-hazardous applications.
- Optional current inputs for processing signals from other process devices, such as flow, level or pressure sensors.