Visual Observation of Materials & Supercritical Fluids
The SFT Phase Monitor II from Supercritical Fluids determines the solubility of various compounds and mixtures in supercritical and high-pressure fluids. Moreover, the company believes that the Phase Monitor II offers:
- The capacity to investigate the effect of co-solvents on the solubility of compounds of interest.
- Direct visual observation of materials under conditions precisely controlled by the user.
- Accommodations for liquids, supercritical carbon dioxide and other liquefied gases.
- The ability to observe the dissolution, precipitation and crystallization of compounds.
- Operation at pressures up to 10,000 PSI and from ambient temperature up to 150ºC.
- The flexibility to perform advanced studies to determine melting point depressions and the degree of polymer swelling in SF CO2 or traditional solvents.
- Applications that may include binary, tertiary and complex mixtures; multiple compounds; the selective extraction of compounds, the fractionation of compounds; crystallization and reactions; and the swelling of polymer matrices.