Stepper-Motor Drive System
Haydon Kerk Motion Solutions announces the release of the DCM4826X stepper-motor drive module. The company says that the DCM4826X is characterized by:
- It is a bipolar, two-phase chopper drive package rated for a 12-48VDC input voltage, with a continuous output current rating of 2.6A rms (3.68A peak) per phase.
- Suitability for use with rotary stepper motors or stepper-motor-based linear actuators and can be configured for full step, half step or microstep (1/4, 1/8, 1/16, 1/32, 1/64 step size).
- Perfect in multi-axis stepper-motor applications because less overall mounting real-estate is required due to the small size of the drive.
- Its mounting plate measures a mere 64 by 60 millimeters (2.5 by 2.4 inches) with mounting hole center-to-center distances of 52 by 38 millimeters (2.0 by 1.5 inches) respectively; total thickness of the unit from the mounting plate is 34.4 millimeters (1.4 inches).
- Easy integration, and configuration of the DCM4826X is through the Haydon Kerk PDE User Interface via an RS-485 protocol or a computer USB port (USB to RS-485 converter required — Haydon part# UTR4852).
- Through the interface, the desired values for Run Current, Hold Current, Delay Time and Step Size can be set.
- Once the parameters are programmed, the drive can then accept the pulse, direction and enable signals from the controller/indexer.
- The pulse, direction, and enable signals are optically coupled into the drive, providing electrical isolation between the signal and power circuits.