Rugged Tablet Computers
DRS Technologies Inc. announces that its Tactical Systems division has expanded its product portfolio to include the ARMOR™ X7et and the ARMOR™ X7ad. According to the company:
- These new, thin, lightweight tablets are based on customers requesting even more portable computers from ARMOR™.
- The sleek, 7-inch multi-touch tablets shatter the perception of bulky, rugged computing and offer field service workforces the ability to choose between the fast-growing Android OS and the enterprise-friendly Microsoft® Windows platform.
- The ARMOR™ X7et is a Windows-based tablet that weighs just less than 1.5 pounds and provides six hours of battery life.
- Its Android counterpart, the ARMOR™ X7ad, weighs 1.3 pounds and operates for up to eight hours.
- They are certified to MIL-STD 810G for extremes in temperature, vibration, shock and four-foot drops and have an IP65 rating for ingress protection, which means they are fully protected against dust and can withstand low pressure jets of water from all directions.
- Additionally, DRS is now offering a new convertible tablet, the ARMOR™ X12kb, the lightest convertible tablet in the marketplace that meets MIL-STD-810G — weighing 5.5 pounds and featuring a 12.1-inch sunlight-readable swivel touchscreen.
- The three new ARMOR™ mobile computers include robust connectivity options including Gobi® Wireless Broadband, integrated GPS, 802.11 b/g/n WiFi and Bluetooth® wireless.