High-Temperature Analysis System
The Viscotek HT-GPC (high-temperature gel-permeation chromatography) from Malvern Instruments is a powerful, fully automated, multi-detector system designed to prepare and analyze polymers, such as polyethylene and polypropylene, which demand temperatures as high as 160°C in order to dissolve for successful analysis. The company says that the system is:
- Capable of generating molecular weight, molecular weight distribution and structural information in a single experiment, and produces an information-rich data stream for intelligent polymer engineering.
- Fully automated, with excellent temperature control, and it is designed to minimize the risk of exposure to the hazardous solvents necessary for these materials.
- Made up of refractive index (RI), viscometry and low-angle light scattering (LALS) detection.
- Able to provide absolute molecular weight without extrapolation or correction, molecular size, intrinsic viscosity and branching information, from a single experiment.
- Characterized by advanced OmniSEC software that drives analysis with full polymer branching calculations capability and an intuitive Branching View function that simplifies the study of long chain branching.