Kason Corp.’s new Vibroscreen® Model K30-1-SS 30-inch (76-centimeter) screener meets cGMP, 3-A, USDA and FDA standards. According to the company, the screener features:
- Sanitary stainless-steel construction, gap-free screen frames with quick-disconnect clamps, flexible quick-action connectors at the inlet and outlet, a Clamshell lid and a removable sanitary magnet at the discharge spout.
- The external, interlocking flange configuration of the screen frame fully envelops the support ring of the screen, allowing the screen’s wire mesh to extend to the interior walls of the frame.
- Screens are mounted to support rings using FDA-approved epoxy and sealed using FDA-approved gasket material, and can be provided with a mesh-tolerance certificate.
- The wire mesh screening material is offered in 304, 316 and “magnetic” 400-series stainless steel that, if broken, can be captured along with ferrous material contaminants by a sanitary high-strength magnet at the discharge outlet.
- The Clamshell design allows the upper frame to be raised and held in the open position by gas pistons, providing easy access for rapid screen changes and thorough wash down of all interior surfaces, reducing downtime and allowing one operator to perform what was previously a two-person task, depending on screen diameter.
- The flexible connectors with sanitary BFM™ fittings snap into place inside the spigot rims of the material inlet and discharge spouts, allowing rapid disassembly and cleaning.
- The unit is constructed with continuous-weld seams and material contact surfaces polished to a sanitary finish; a four-post, open base with stainless steel motor enclosure allowing wash down of the unit’s underside and plant floor.